K-SCHEDULING is a web based solution for energy market operators and balance responsible parties.
K-SCHEDULING provides fully automated and cost effective scheduling and balance management system via data importer, balance scheme management and imbalance settlement procedure.
- Control your time series data
- Standardised (ENTSO-E) data exchange
- Automate imbalance settlement calculations
- Automate transaction validation
K-SCHEDULING supports following business processes:
Importer and Time Series Data Management
- Data acquisition, validation, aggregation and substitution
- User managed business rules importer engine
- Data quality management
- XML configuration storage for adaptable data source integrations
Time series data management is based on state-of-the-art, user managed business rules importer engine. It includes automated and scheduled uploading, validating, and data aggregation from different (measurements, price, weather, etc) data sources. Introduces optimized bulk-import of large data, based on latest big data manipulation technologies. integrated data quality management (DQM) provides quality assessment, design, transforming and monitoring based on proven DQM KPI's. Importer supports major standards for energy schedule reporting (ESS, KISS), as well as user defined reporting in different formats (XML, XLS, CSV…).
Balance scheme management
- Balance scheme structure and membership management
- Supports ENTSO-E data exchange and reporting
- Reporting of delivery points included in balance scheme
The application supports management of membership and structure of the balance scheme, defined with the balancing agreements. Within the functionality the process of keeping, updating, and publishing the record of balance scheme membership contracts is provided. Moreover, the reporting and management of delivery points included in the balance scheme is supported.
- Contracts and operational forecast recording
- Building up balance scheme market plans
- TSO operation schedule
- Imbalance settlements
Recording of contracts and operational forecasts represent the basis for drawing up balance scheme members' market plans, which are used for drawing up an indicative operating schedule of the transmission system operator and, later, for calculating the imbalance settlement. The application supports import and management of all closed contracts for export and import and all concluded transactions on the exchange. On the basis of the quantities of bought and sold electricity in recorded closed contracts, the application calculates a market plan for balance scheme members.
Allocations, Nominations and Matching
- Automatic validation of transaction cycles
- Fully customised matching procedure
The system can support separate long term and short term nomination cycles. The nominations are automatically validated against capacity agreements allocated by local system operator, counter system operator or external auction office. Each nomination cycle ends with one or more succeeding matching cycles, which can be fully customized (e.g. aggregation of time series, single side or parallel matching, initiating/participating or receiving/matching operator …). The final short term matching cycle can be marked as a cut-off cycle, so that the mismatched time series are automatically adjusted and final confirmation reports sent to balance responsible parties accordingly.
- Calculation of individual BG member net position
- Pre and final imbalance settlements
The application prepares net position of an individual balance scheme member on the organized market and is an outcome of all closed contracts concluded by a balance scheme member for each accounting interval according to recorded closed contracts. The imbalance settlement is comprised of two parts: The first is the so-called quantitative settlement in which data on realization and market plan are acquired, on the basis of which the imbalances of balance groups are calculated. For the second part, the application produces a final monthly imbalance settlement for an individual balance group on the basis of confirmed quantitative settlement. The following activities can be achieved within the imbalance settlement:
- The calculation of the tolerance band of a balance group
- Determination of basic prices of imbalances (C+ and C-)
- The calculation of the amount for imbalance settlement inside and outside of the tolerance band
- Revision tracking and data serialization
- External data and application integration
Additional features implements revision tracking and data serialization, comprehensive application and external data integration, and user portal, which enables user data insight and reporting.